Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Skyrise full of potential #PrimeTime


I'm familiar with many players in the Skyrise organization however I had a chance to see one of there other teams over the weekend. Amanda Ferry is a player who helped out this weekend, she plays on the other 2019 squad and has been featured by yours truly numerous times because she simply has some things you can't teach . Makayla Patterson is also a player I'm familiar with after seeing her numerous times last season and she continues to show me glimpses of what to look for in the future, btw she's a 2019 and younger sister of Chasity Patterson and this wasn't their first time playing up, the 2019 squad played in the 9/10 grade division




Several players grabbed my eye, Brooke Cephus look good shooting the midrange while Marilyn Wilkerson handled the ball and shot the long range well. Kyra Meredith and Mya Colquitt were physical inside and were strong rebounders on both ends, like Patterson, Wilkerson and Colquitt are also 2020s


Markayla Johnson is very athletic and her ability to play what I love seeing, the passing lanes, helped her get easy steals and her timing is already on point. Dylan Malone used her length well on both ends, she made deflections and took defenders off the dribble. Troi Bailey made huge plays on both ends of the court while also bring a high level energy throughout the games I saw