Friday, June 6, 2014

Siminisms 101


I get emails from people who probably think I'm crazy with some of these terms so I'll post this periodically simply so you'll know

"It's not what you do, it's who you do it against" is the main one because over the years I've had parents call e and tell me what they're daughter are doing against boys in the neighborhood and numerous times, those girls couldn't make layups and were tripping on the lines on the floor which simply means those boys could not play

"The magic number" is another phrase I love using because of the numerous college coaches that have called regarding players that were six feet or better. Kids may not be skilled or athletic but many colleges will take a chance if you have any DESIRE so if you're around that height, act like you want it next month

"JEFFERSONIZED" simply the theme song from The Jeffersons and it means that a player's improvement has them moving up the ladder "now we're in the big leagues" or just follow the bouncing ball

READ MORE