Tuesday, June 10, 2014

#TAMUCamp closes with a bang in East vs West game


COLLEGE STATION, Texas- Talk about closing the camp out with a bang is exactly how this seasons Elite Team Camp went in Aggieland and I was happy I made the trip for a number of reasons. I got a chance to spend time with my daughter, it's hard to believe it's been over three years since she played her last game there, I had a chance to see some players I might not see again in July and I had a chance to see many stars of future I hadn't seen before including Sydney Crockett and Peyton Tennison from Arkansas as well as Kiki Hannah and Tandra King from Oklahoma. All were impressive including a young lady I've seen numerous times from Oklahoma, Jonah Johnson who put on one of the best offensive performances I've seen in a half in, well ever



Chennedy Carter showed out, no surprise there, as well as the Richardson duo of Dorian Branch and Arleighsha McElroy who may be rolling to Austin next season. Kayla Wells, DiDi Richards and Kayla Owens keep proving how smart I am as far as evaluating talent, they along with Carter are among the top 2017 players in the world while Natasha Mack simply went off and has turned into not just scary on defense but a nightmare period. Those three "size don't matter  guards", Joyce Kennerson, Angela Harris and Jalen Richard-Harris simply help put on shows doing plenty of acrobatic stuff that I love to see and as I said before, there was no cable in Reed Arena but plenty of TV as Tatum Veitenheimer and Paris Netherly are a couple of 2018 players that will make immediate impacts next season and when you talk about impacts, Jakeria Ford and Jasmyne Harris make them just about every-time they're on the floor