Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cy Falls Ready For Encore


Well the same can be said for Cy Woods, Hightower, Elsik, North Shore, Bellaire, The Woodlands and host of other teams that will have to regroup once this talented senior class has graduated. Before the game, I knew two things, Cy Falls and Clear Springs were ahead of the pack in Region 3 and The Woodlands and Dekaney are our top area reps for Region 2, I'm only talking 5A folks. The good news is once the playoffs start, none of the "GURU'S" logic, nor calling Mother Love, Robin Givens or any other psychic hotline will matter, it's one and done time and many teams are looking to pull off some upsets. Had it not been for Cy Woods basket having a lid on it for the first 7 minutes of the third quarter, 17-5A may have crowned a new champion but I'm sure that Cy Falls pressure had a lot to do with it as well.

Story on Cy Falls winning district championship




Keep in mind I said many teams will be regrouping and I mentioned Cy Woods as one of them however if I had to regroup, I can't think of too many younger players to start with other than Olivia and Erica Ogwumike, both ranked high on my lists for the 2014 and 2015 classes respectively. They controlled the boards early for Cy Woods and with all of the scouting going on in the building, I'm sure game plans are being put together on how to keep them off the glass. There is a possibility both teams could make it to Campbell Center for the F4 but there are some heavy hitters standing in front of both 17-5A squads and who knows, maybe both will get knocked off. I do know this, the atmosphere at that game is what Houston should be having night in and night out throughout the playoffs however it won't happen.