Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cy Fair Ft Bend 2020 LBJ runner-ups #TJShowcase

I had a chance to catch a glimpse of some of the future stars that are on the Cy Fair Fort Bend group, many of which I initially saw at the Cy Fair Evaluation Camp I covered a few months ago and not only did I enjoy watching these young ladies perform in game situation, I also enjoyed observing how far they are ahead as far as skills and comprehension and even though they came up short, this stuff evens out down the road and watching Marchelle Willis and her teammates get after it showed me a lot


Blaise Blair and Aiken Semones already do a great job in the paint plus they can finish so that's a start in itself. Raven Adams already can handle the ball well under pressure and more importantly see the floor and she and Taelor Purvis are truly something to see on the break. Purvis is going to be an athletic nightmare to defend with her length and willingness to get to the rim but several players simply just brought it. Aleighyah Fontenot has been in the gym forever, in fact I've been know her parents for so long I'll do the old folks told me coming up, I knew you before you were born. This young lady already gets it and when you factor in that she, Semones, Adams and Daja Allen are all 2021 players, that speaks volumes