Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ft Bend Stars shine bright as they win SILVER #Hoopfest

I don't know what I enjoyed more about the Varsity division, well that's not true, I enjoyed what I stress over and over, young players that can not only play but think the game because that in itself is going to take many of these young ladies a long way. The Fort Bend Stars, Crossover and Houston Premier placed and have several players that will play ball in college, it's going to happen and I make these blunt statements simply because I know where the bar has been set at various ages so if you're still around, because I plan on being here, we'll reference back to this story. Although I didn't see much of the Legends 3T team, they do have some players on the verge of breaking out but let's talk about the champs


Raven Adams, Genelle Greene and Aiken Semones will be on the Varsity Tip Sheet coming up later today but this a very talented group of 6th graders which had me hearing there will be plenty of fun in 2021. The old folks used to have a saying when I was  coming up if they knew your family before you arrived and it was "I knew you before you were born" and that's what I'll eventually tell Aleighyah Fontenot but watching her progression over the past two years has definitely been an eye opener simply because she's had another growth spurt and is playing multiple positions, including the one, very well so I''m beaming about how good she's going to be and it's gonna be real real good and speaking of how good someone will be, remember the name Andrea Sturdivant


Although they lost to the Premier, they defeated Crossover twice and it took a solid team effort from everyone and December Stevenson did a good job controlling the paint. She's athletic, strong and can rebound and Dalla Allen was huge on several defensive plays as well. Nia McGee's athleticism is ahead of her years, she can get to the basket and finish with contact and her wingspan created several issues on defense as she plays the passing lane well, I really got a kick out of this team especially Tranece Charles who provided sparks to change momentum throughout the event. She showed she could score and defend but when the heat was needed she joined those who turned it up