Thursday, April 23, 2015

DFW Elite Houston 17U #Hoopfest WNBA Blue


Well this will close out my coverage from the Hoopfest, I tried to see everyone at least once but I was over 90% which keeps my saying of "No one covers an event like I do"  still intact and what better team to close it with than this one. Destini Hall, Gloria Davis and Aliyah Hayward certainly kept the tempo going throughout the event. Hall put up numbers throughout the tournament and all brought heat on defense


Tayelin Grays is one of the states top freshmen, she blew me away two years ago with some unbelievable feats yet her chapter is nowhere near closed as she overpowers smaller guards and when you talk about overpowering, London Mallett and Atlantis Thomas do just that around the paint. Mallet, one of areas most improved on both ends, has size and energy and the same can be said for freshman Thomas who I liked the first time I saw her play last season

My first look at Cydnee Hill and Kennedy Thibodeaux were good ones, Hill is relentless going after rebounds and the upside I'm predicting from both both will keep me watching their progressionb. Speaking of upside, I saw Damaya Telemaque doing a little more than hold her own as an 8th grader when I covered a camp last summer against a couple of the states top 2016 guards and the main thing is she didn't back down and after I put this talented freshman on the Tip Sheet, my phone hasn't stopped ringing

Damaya Telemaque Tip Sheet