Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Texas Lone Star Blue at Girls Got Game #DCSportsDFW

Here's the deal, this team was going to get a look simply because Addison Ryan blew me away last season when I saw her playing in a Prime Time event and I wanted to check the progression since last seeing her at the Hoop-A-Holics camp I covered for PassThaBall. To say I was pleased would be a mild understatement, she has attributes you can't teach and her ability to create her own shot is better than some guards heading to D1 programs right now. Sarah Konstans was equally impressive, good shooter that can attack at will, smart player that's skilled an athletic sums it up


Caroline Tynes is a very savvy point guard, she knows the game, can advance the ball in traffic, sees the floor very well and can attack and hit the the three, well Hannah Adkins can also shoot the long ball and with her height and length, her development will place her in a good position as a big guard that can shoot, yeah I think she can be a guard.




Jessie Bennent also showed she can be a zone buster, good range and hit the open player well while Sammie Dufek and Kennedy Irwin showed they were definitely threats from midrange. Sophie Betzhold also showed she could create her own shot and hit, plus  she ran the floor well in transition while Taylor Gill did a little bit of everything on both ends. This was a solid 2018 squad, I am going to be watching them, along with the other middle school players and remember players, I'm always looking for progression