Thursday, May 29, 2014

AE Black back to back #MemorialWeekendShowdown


Sometimes I'm tripping after not getting enough rest and it took me a while to realize this was the same team I saw a week earlier. I caught the tail end of their IBC NCAA Championship and the guards were going absolutely crazy out there but after talking with Coach Martin, he assured me to just watch. Makayla Bathwith, Karin Overton and Dashian Williams just controlled the paint, after all that's 5'10, 6'2 and 6'6 which averages out to a front line of 6'2, might be an SAT question, stay on your game on and off the court

Williams simply keeps getting better every time I see her but it seems like every player showed me something different or improved on what I already had seen. Alesia McFarlin went baseline at will and was stroking it from midrange all tournament, Emily Daniels was taking her man whenever she wanted, well so was Brianna McClure and both played the passing lanes well

I just enjoy players getting after it and when you add the abundance of talent from Austin Elite season after season. Lea Cunningham was an offensive machine, off the dribble, mid to long and that catch and shoot is huge, really huge. Jade Jeffries continues to impress, this time she added seeing the floor and what can I say about Shianne Johnson that I haven't said other than she and Daniels are freshmen and she wears 24, my favorite show on TV so I'm always expecting something dramatic from her . Aundrea Funderburke will be on the Tip Sheet, her ability to bring it is mind blowing at times