Thursday, August 10, 2017

Texas Lady Dragons @ 2017 Prime Time Nationals #7thGrade

I love this squad and always have from the first time I saw them I guess 3 years ago and although some of the faces have changed, the main thing I always look for in players is PROGRESSION especially at the younger ages as well as upside which means, here's an eval 101, how much more you can improve and when you're as talented as I am off the court looking at this, well believe me, several players on this squad have definitely showed signs. Alexa Gayden continues to show me different things, good size and athleticism plus she battles for, well everything in fact that alone got her on on a Tip Sheet a few weeks ago and she is one of those players that is nowhere near the finished product

READ MORE

N'Kita and Erica D'Souza are both talented and crafty as the sisters sometimes mirror each others game although a year apart. Both know to create their shots in traffic, both can definitely nail them but their ball handling and defense continue to improve and they too aren't anywhere near where they'll be down the stretch. Macie Campbell and Shelby Edgar continue to bring heat from the guard spots and on both ends while Madison Manuel has elevated her inside game and as I stated earlier, this squad continues to get better and will continue to so. Shandi Smith and Asia Menard are coming along nicely as well as Megan Mayfield and Lauren Riley

Guess it isn't a whole lot to say about Dalanna Carter that I haven't said, as a 3rd grader I said she had next level potential as a 4th grader D1 potential and as a 5th grader she was a D1 lock so since I've put it out there, guess what's going to happen, I truly don't know because when you talk about unlimited upside, she has that. Her ability to get to the basket and score from anywhere on the court is only overshadowed by her "poise under pressure" and she showed that at early age which is why I knew what was coming next and as she heads to 7th grade, I can only imagine what HS will be like