Sunday, August 6, 2017

Lake City Pride @ 2017 Prime Time Nationals #8thGrade


Sometimes I just lucky and thing fall in my ;lap so when I caught Lake City Pride at Prime Time's SW Regional, I knew I was on to something watching a young team filled with talent. So many of  their players impressed me, in fact Ariyon Artis made the Tip Sheet so lets see if I was right

READ MORE

Don't even know why I did that because when it comes talent, I'm always right and what I see from Artis' game a year later is the threes are deeper and that midrange was clicking but again,this squad has some players. Naddie Carrier, Ry'n Guillory, TyJa'na Mae and Kristy Broxton bring so much heat on both ends it's scary at times and when you have athletic players that understand how to apply pressure, well that definitely can create issues for opponents
Mackenzie Williams is long and athletic, definitely alters shots and attacks well, plenty of tools in her arsenal waiting to explode while Ma'Riah Lemoine just pounds you in the paint, finishes and rebounds and just won't back down but again, this is a very talented young team with many players simply on the verge of breaking out

Several are receiving next level interest including Aasia Sam who already has a D1 offer on the table, that pull-up is hard to handle, well so is her attacking of the basket but she can take lick and is an "and one waiting to happen" Maskenzie Tillman is a "throwback" player that just goes after everything off the glass and on the floor, plus she plays the passing lane and why not close with Josie Ogea who seems to be mastering that midrange, love her creating in traffic and with this teams youth and desire, well I can't wait to see how this plays out