Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Louisiana Lady Shockers get after it @ 2017 Prime Time Nationals #7thGrade

From top the bottom, this was probably one of the best 7th Grade group of teams that I've covered at Prime Time Nationals and one thing I always look for, well one of several things, and that's teams that will compete from start to finish. Coach Jay Ellerman was nice enough to hand deliver his roster to me at the pre-tournament expo which certainly help me identify his daughter, Jayden Ellerman who definitely showed me something.




The game starts at the 1, I can't pin everything so try and remember that, and at around 5'9, she has a very bright future. She controls the tempo, sees the floot and can score plus she handles the ball well under pressure. Madison Basco battled inside, rebounded on both ends but the battling didn't stop there as Sara Shivers and Larkin Morris simply go after everything

This is a very scrappy group of players, Taylor Shanas, Marssa Gibson and Emery Lancaster brought plenty of heat, Shanas also showed she could knock down shots while Anna Melton also can shoot the mid and long range, her ability to split defenders and get to the basket were definitely valuable to the squad. Thanks again coach for making my job a little easier !