Thursday, April 18, 2013

Young Hoyas show what I needed early Sunday at #cyfairinvite

 I truly enjoy watching the younger players develop into stars of the future, it's good for the game, it's good for state but even more importantly, it's good for me to say I told you so. Katlyn Ghavidel and Deja Kellyare still ahead of schedule, I already knew that from the last time I saw them but I really wanted to take a more in depth look at their team, I guess I was having a premonition about emails coming

Who else impressed me, well basically the whole team as Coach T has quite a young group of players that have more than a shot at the next level. Breyah Richardson is long and athletic and at 5'10 showed she could also hit the mid-range jumper. The same could be said for Victoria Hall who also ran the floor and attacked well


Sophia Ramos gives them yet another three point shooter to go along with Ghavidel and Kelly and once she went hard to the basket and took a Tyson hit, yet finished and completed the and one, symbols galore were by her name.

This is a very good mixture of young talent, Patricia Patterson does what I love to see players do and that's anticipate well. That in itself lead to numerous easy buckets for the 5'10 player as she handled the ball extremely well in the open court. Sheila Alexander-Smith was an absolute beast on the boards as SAS was sending an SOS that the paint belonged to her