Sunday, August 6, 2017

Lady Warriors White looked #DYNOMITE @ 2017 Prime Time Nationals #8thGrade

Talk about talented young players and this Lady Warrior White squad has just that. Athleticism, skill set and plenty of energy and fight that it can knock you right out of your sea, I'll get to that later. Jahcelyn Hartfield is a combo guard that does both well, she also defends but her ability to attack, well that first step is something to see. Taylor Smith, Jordyn Bell and Destini Winzer all bring some heat when they hit the floor, parts are interchangeable as they keep coming and when you're long and athletic like Aniya Williams, well she just makes things happen on both ends of the floor, plus she plays the passing lane

That back-court is solid, Iyanna McCown is the lone 2022 on this 2021 squad and it seems like I've been writing about her forever but when I look at the notes, the first time was when she was in the 2nd grade and I just knew something special was coming. She thinks the game and at her age, oh my but on top of that, she already understands how to run a team and when to take a game over and her reverse lay-up definitely was impressive in traffic. Kate Renner and Madison Jones upside definitely is something that I'll be looking at as well as Jayda Howard


I wasn't laughing when Kiyara Howard-Garza leaped over the baseline for a loose ball and knocked me out my seat, I remember a player doing that over 10 years ago and landed on the coaches lap, that got her a scholarship to New Mexico so you can't teach heart, you can't teach passion and she never takes a play off. On top of that, she handles the ball, defends and can hit the three but handling the ball must be a prerequisite to play on the squad because they all seem to do it. Nya Harmon did it so well , she at times appears to be hypnotizing defenders but who knows, she also does a good job at the combo