Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cy Woods get's it done as they capture state title


It seems only fitting that Cy Woods, a team I called the best starting five in the state wound playing Dallas Skyline, a team that has probably just as many or even more next level players in the state championship game.  The Wildcats would not be denied, I caught the tail end of the game as the good folks in Oklahoma specially streamed it for me to catch the team I predicted to win it, not at first but after I saw them, and to do it almost like I called it, by double digits each game. The defeated San Wagner by 19 in spite of the "three for all" from Amber Ramirez but the Skyline game was a lot closer as it wasn't clear until the final minute. Erica Ogwumike and Nancy Mulkey were named to the All State team, Erica joins older sisters Nneka and Chiney as receiving that honor as well as a state title and this was the FIRST time Region 3 has picked up back to back state titles

ALL STATE TEAMS



video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player