Monday, March 2, 2015

Wolves come up short but message received

Westside was the only HISD team that made a run this season which sort of shows how the tide has shifted and although they lost to Cy Woods convincingly, they fought from the opening tip until the final buzzer and that in itself impresses because you weren't going to beat them, their chances would have been better against North Shore, and to fight back from double digits against both Cy Woods and Seven Lakes, a couple of the top programs in the city, after squeaking by Katy Taylor says a whole lot



Beating Clear Springs after losing Maddisen Turner with 7 min left in the semifinal was their icing on the cake, this spoke volumes about them coming together against a team just as defensively aggressive as them simply blew me away cause I think I tweeted it was going to go the other way. A good core group of Sentreal Gregory, Tanea Thomas, Cory Seals and Kirby Celestine will come into their senior year knowing what it feels like and the good thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores is something I truly don't get  but my editor wants X amount of words for me to get paid so I'll add it in. Ny'Asia Goldman has a bright future ahead and that group along with whoever else I'll see wearing the black and the blue will have me yelling SELLUHHHHSTEEEEEEN one more time