Sunday, January 12, 2014

2015 Kingowood duo on hand for Northwestern St @ HBU

I had a chance to speak with GPR Under The Radar juniors Charlotte Hodges and Brooke Jolivette for quite some time during yesterday's Southland Conference battle between Northwestern State and Houston Baptist and as impressed as I am with watching the young ladies on the court, I was equally impressed with them discussing the game and different strategies going on during the game. Hodges is the six footer that has added facing the basket and shooting the three to her game, while Jolivette's acrobatics in the paint to go along with an abundance of offensive skills make her an "and one" waiting to happen

They got on me for leaving early Friday night in their district match-up against Klein Forest, I left after the end of the third to catch Bellaire against Westside, and they told me they cut the lead to two with just over two minutes left. Well this upset for two reasons, one, because I missed a thriller and secondly, the game I was going to wasn't where it was supposed to be

Kingwood is currently in fourth place in their district, a game ahead of Spring who they have at home on January 24th which could be for the playoffs. Both young ladies can pop up with double-doubles at any time and the spin on these young ladies is not only how good they've become but how much more upside both have when they reach whatever D1 school they choose