Friday, January 10, 2014

Showdown in 20-5A giving me a double tonight


One of the keys to a successful season is having all of your players healthy and when I found out Westside had lost to Cy Lakes in the HISD Tournament semi's, I knew something had to be wrong, especially since Cy Lakes lost to 4A Wheatley by over 30 in the championship game. Something was wrong, Maddison Turner was out as well as some of their other key players.

Tonight the Wolves host Bellaire,  both teams are tied for first place and Westside is trying to win district for the first time since 2007 and I remember that because that's the year my daughter graduated from there. Here's the deal, Turner, one of the top 2015 players in the area, along with Sentreal Gregory, one of the top points in the area  2016 class, both are ready to help lead the Wolves in the showdown


The Cardinals have one of the top players in 2017 class right now, Irinisha Johnson, who is one of the most explosive players in the paint I've seen in a long time. Bellaire will be sporting a new look starting line-up since I saw them earlier, Ameyia Jackson is now at Manvel however guard Angel Williams is still there and making things happen.

Kingwood @ Klein Forest 7pm
Bellaire @ Westside @ 8:30, yeah 8:30, the guys play first

Got me two for tonight, stay tuned