Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Jalea Bennett speaks on commitment to Arizona

And yet another "can't miss" I tagged at an early age proves yet again that if I call it, you probably want to pay attention. Jalea Bennett will be heading to the University of Arizona and after speaking to Bennett on what made her chose Arizona because we all know Texas kids won't leave the state, her response was "No matter what tournament I played in during the viewing periods, big or small, they were there" She also liked the fact is that she feels she will be able to go in and contribute off the top and I agree. Bennett is no where near her full potential and to be honest, I don't believe she knows how good she can be, which is scary because she's one of the top ten players in Texas, this is based on my evaluations and could easily be considered a Top 100 caliber player nationally.

I spoke to her mom, Leah Howard, who was simply elated and she said " I would just like to take the time out to say that I am very grateful for my daughter's recognition. " She also added "We would like to thank all those that supported and showed interest but the 'A' Team is where she will reside for her college career!!!"