Monday, July 22, 2013

Ichiban's Bennett weighing many options as Basketball on the Bayou starts

Jalea Bennett continues to amaze me season after season as she's added to her arsenal of weapons each year. As a 7th grader, I knew she would play the next level just based on what her skill level was and her athleticism and she's one of those youngsters that when I tag "can't miss" always hit the bulls-eye. Over the years, her shot has improved where sometimes it appears she has, let me throw this one at you, "a smart shot", because it's almost as if it's been programmed to be in or around the basket a very high percentage of the time

Standing almost 6'0 as she dabbles around the rim to score and rebound, the young lady can play multiple positions at the next level because she can defend, put it on the floor, along with her physique and strength. She's a national Top 100 caliber player, I use that term because so many players can be interchanged when putting lists together and based on my knowledge and watching her for years, I stand by that statement


Another statement I'll stand by is the one I made almost five years ago when I called her a "can't miss."