Tuesday, July 9, 2013

'18 Green legend growing more and more after Flava


If there's any one regret I have since I reluctantly became involved in girl's basketball back in the 90's it's the fact that I didn't keep records back then and over the years, I've watched the game evolve into something more entertaining and exciting. I often make reference about throwback players and basically I'm talking about an abundance of young ladies who knew and understood the game that would simply outwork you

Zarielle Green get's a special S/O simply because she's truly starting to amaze me every time I see her which has been quite a number of times since I caught a glimpse of her almost a year ago. She was good back then but what she's become in less than a year should be what about to cover, the Blueprint, as far as what hard work and even more importantly, comprehending not only what you're being taught, but implementing it into game situations



During the Big State Flava Jam, Green took over during a stretch down the stretch in the second half to help lift her young DFW Scholly Me  team to an overtime victory over a very talented Oklahoma And 1 squad, featuring "can't miss" Aaliyah Wilson, and I won't go into detail, we'll roll back that tape in the future. After Wilson nailed a 35 footer to send the game into OT, it was back and forth during the extra period and I had already mistakenly added #downtothewire in my tweet, that usually get's extra minutes and that too is another story. Green, knowing And 1 needed a bucket to force a second OT, fouled the player in the back-court intentionally since they had fouls to give which helped enable the victory

Green does thing instinctively, she thinks the game through and even with all of her talent right now, her upside is simply unlimited. Her efforts got her on the Full Court Tip Sheet, read more