Sunday, July 28, 2013

Championship Sunday set at Prime Time



The stage was set when I first looked at pools for the Prime Time Nationals and although I hadn't seen all of the teams, remember this tournament had close to 900, almost 250 on the girl's side, I knew that the 9/10 Grade Division would be not only hot but heavy with next level talent and beyond. Texas vs Islander, Dallas Stars vs Arkansas Lady Beast, Flight 9 vs Bulldogs and Cy Fair Nile Elite vs the Lady Big Dogs made up the quarter finals and with the exception of Flight 9, the Bulldogs and Arkansas Lady Beast, a team I had never seen before, I expected the others to make the E8 for sure


The spotlight game in my head would be Cy Fair vs LBD and if you follow me on Twitter, you'll read some crazy things that pop into my head during the course of a game and usually, well let m do a recap. I tweeted "Erin Sanchez is on fire for LBD. They're up 27-16 but Cy Fair won't quit 5:06:left in half #PTSNBC" and like magic five minutes and six seconds later here was a nother tweet "When I tell you something I'm usually right. Cy Fair down to LBD 30-29 at half #PTSNBC"


 This was one of those games that you hated to see either team lose, they were both sensational the whole game. Destiny Clark continues to truly grow into beast status, she simply doesn't stop. Cy Fair's Stephanie Jackson continues to elevate her game and her 17 points on an array of baskets helped to keep bringing them back. LBD's Sanchez had 17 as well, well 17 in the first half and when I say she was on fire, she simply was and she finished with 23


Yall know I'm coming back to this one later however I can't let breakfast shutdown but here are the schedules for Championship Sunday and here's another tweet for the road since I'm feeling pretty good "It's not called Simmiefinals for nothing, who will make it?#PTSNBC"


SCHEDULES