Sunday, July 7, 2013

Flava seasoned to perfection on opening day

I remember years ago someone telling me there was nothing better than starting an early morning off watching basketball and me being in one of my moods snapped back, no good basketball. On opening day, I had this bright idea of catching some of the top 2016 and 2017 players I hadn't seen not only in Texas, which is a very large state loaded with talent, but from other states as well. At Triple A Academy, I got the boost I needed off the top as Oklahoma PWP won a tight one against WP Celtics 42-38 followed by Oklahoma Showcase winning an even tighter one against the Atkansas Mavericks 46-44.


If you follow me, you know I don't care about who wins a game nor what the score was however I mentioned those things only to set the stage on how the day went and it was tight and hot throughout the day as many games could have gone either way and went #downtothewire. Several stars shined even brighter, Arkansas Mavericks Kiara Williams moved past just being a D1 player, as well as DFW Elite's Dorian Branch and both are 2016's. This is free advice and although I'm not always right, I haven't been wrong in this aspect yet

This ain't Photoshopped either as 2015 Texas Preps Elite's Jordan Hosey appeared to be on her way to throwing this one down but her improvement has me thinking big things are in store for this young lady, well bigger as she's already committed to Texas. Speaking of big things, how about DFW T-Jack's Alexis Morris helping me continue to look like a genius and on center stage, the 2017 MDAA candidate, hey why not, simply showed her fearlessness on the court, well ability also.

And what better way for me to close the day with my DFW-A&M connection as these forner and current stars were all smiles as they came back to support. Okay, I'm coming back to support too, trust me this thing is about get wild as bracket play begins at various times today. If I ain't caught you, I'm coming so just be ready