Tuesday, July 9, 2013

High energy Texas Wild 2016 help open up Flava

I'm scanning the docket on opening day because when you have over 100 teams in an event to choose from, you want to get more bang for your buck and no one bangs across Texas more than me because in keeping with my "talent is everywhere" motto, saying or whatever, it truly is and after the Big State Flava Jam, my travels have me looking at El Paso from yet another point of view. I caught the El Paso TX Wild early on day one and one thing that ha stuck in mind I was taught early is "it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." Brooke Ingles getting back of defense is a perfect example of just that as she along with her teammates went against a very high octane OK select squad and although the outcome was known before the game started, the Wild fought until the final buzzer

Miranda Vega was all over the place on both ends of the court and on a team filled with 16s and 17s, his very young 2018 player garnered several GPR symbols by her name as she played up. Janelle Dowdy showed she could get to the rim and finish strong while Maya Herrera showed she had range and the few that didn't go in from bta were almost on point. This was one of a couple of El Paso teams I had a chance to see and again, you can teach heart and fight, either you have it or you don't and these young ladies definitely had it