Thursday, July 18, 2013

El Paso Texas Wild bring energy to Flava

It's an old saying, I know it's old because I heard it when I was a boy and as lame as some may think it is, it fits why I do what I do. The saying is "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game" and in case you're just following me, Girlz Prep Report covers events to try and identify next level talent. Do I love seeing action and good close games, of course I do however that's not my main objective and if you feel your daughter or player has the ability to play at the next level, it would be wise to have them in a position for me to see them in an event I'm COVERING, like the Big State Flava Jam and either you get it or you don't


The El Paso Texas Wild 2016 didn't win a lot of games however the effort these young ladies put out is worth mentioning on here and I did identify several players that have a shot based on the team being being up of 2016-2019 players. With the tallest player being 5'9 and the average height on the team somewhere around 5'5, I'm sure they knew this would be an uphill battle but as far as I'm concerned they reached the top because one thing you can't teach is heart and they never quit


I liked several players especially Miranda Vega not only because of her athleticism but the fact that she was playing up. Janelle Dowdy showed she could put it on the floor under pressure and also rebound against players much taller than her 5'9 height. Several players showed they could shoot the three, Maya Herrera was one of them as she was draining them from numerous spots