Thursday, July 18, 2013

Young DFW Scholly Me groups seasoning adds to Flava



I am digging these pictures but not as much as the talented players I not only see but watch progress throughout the state. Madison Washington has simply been a joy to watch develop and this picture has got to be a sign because when you talk about improving and adding something to your game, look no further as she joins a young DFW Elite Scholly me team of D1 players who continue to make noise


Kayla "Ms Photoshop" Owens will be dunking with authority before she leaves high school but it's other aspects in her game I'm observing that have come around/ I'm not even saying anymore about Zay Green, I don't have a vote on MDAA or whatever and probably never will because of my personality and penchant for using words I probably shouldn't when I get riled up but she's a 2018 that is going to be offered by just about every BCS school in the country, noted on this day, July 18th, 2013


Dorian Branch has been a finalist for numerous Tip Sheets and her efforts during the Flava had not only me but several coaches on the edge of their seats. Here's a  reason why, anytime a kid can spin on one defender and hang in the air between two others for and one after being knocked down and get up smile, whew. Breah Powell and Ariana Whitfield are fast and strong, Powell is like faster than a speeding bullet, no I'm serious and both impressed me with their defense as much as their offense and the continued improvement of last seasons Tip Sheeter's along with another one that caught my eye, Gabby Gregory, is simply refreshing.


Gregory, like I spotted last year, is a guard that knows how to get to the basket, which means she's going to have her team in a position for high percentage shots, it's that simple. My only question was could she shoot it and over the past year, that's not a question anymore because she simply fill it up and I know she's been working. Laura Dalton has also been working and at 6'2, her ceiling will be determined by her. She has a good frame, she has good hands and instincts and she can face the basket, she's SIX-TWO!!!!




Cierra Johnson is just blowing me away, she's 6'3 and what first caught my eye last season was how she handled herself under the basket, now it's how she's handling herself period. She's adding options galore to her offensive repertoire and please tell me once the product is finished how you plan stopping her, she's SIX-THREE!!!!


I described Juliette Akinwole as RAW earlier this season however she's been on the grill and her efforts are not going unnoticed. The young lady is an amazing athlete, she's 6'1 and her best basketball is ahead of her. She's grown off the court and although my vision is no where near 20/20, she appears 3/4 of an inch taller than when the season started. Again all of these kids are D1 players, not just next level and it's another freebie. Freebie's ain't gonna last forever, no one covers this state like me, NO ONE!