Monday, July 15, 2013

Flava Non-Texan Tip Sheet

Joy Porter Arkansas Mavericks


As promised, here's yet another Tip Sheet from the Big State Flava as I picked five that weren't from the Lone Star State. Texas is loaded with talent and if to go to leagues where kids are play in T-shirts with numbers written on by markers, I do just that, Fortunately, Big State Flava put over 1000 kids at my disposal and I had a chance to view quite a few. That opening day 15U was an absolute monster and I mean I could have probably came up with several Tip Sheets just from there

This is the last Tip Sheet, a few mini stories will be coming at any time, you just never know when I'm going to pop one out but here'a another five


2014

Dajha Hardamon-5-7 guard-Arkansas New Life

Hardamon is a very athletic guard that knows how to get to the basket and once she's there, she can finish. She also defended well and her anticipation skills are right there as she intercepted numerous passes for layups

2016

Joy Porter-6-1 forward-Arkansas Mavericks 2016

I like Porter more for what I envision her doing than what she did. She's raw in some areas but the kid is 6'1 and she does things instinctively which is huge. Her mid-range game is there, she can put it on te floor and go by you but once she realizes how good she can be, she is going to blow up

Alexis Mbroh-5-7 guard-Oklahoma Showcase

I loved the teams orange attire and Mbroh  the color as she was definitely one of the many early morning bright spots. She's smart and is deceptive on both offense and defense, catches players leaning comes easy as well as shooting the ball

2017

Claren Long-5-3 guard-Oklahoma PWP 2017

The first thing i noticed was her size and the next was her fire as she made things happen when she touched the floor, either offensively or defensively. She handles the ball very well and can set her man up with a variety of moves and although it was early and I was a bit tired, her monster crossover woke me up completely

Myia Forbes-5-8 guard-Louisiana Bayou Angels

This is a very talented young lady on a talented team and she showed two things, she could run a team and set her teammates up and when needed, she could simply take the game over. She's quick with the ball, she has a quick release on her jumper and she has quick hands. Her body control is another asset I enjoyed