Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ichiban stars passing the torch after Gene Watts Boot Camp


Terriell Bradley, Monisha Neal and Jalea Bennett shined bright at the Gene Watts Boot Camp however that comes as no surprise because they three of the top players in the state, legitimate D1 players and stars on their respective teams. I already knew what to expect from them before I hit the Gene Watts Boot Camp last weekend, I've seen over the past few seasons in game situations so nothing they do on the court really surprises me anymo

I hadn't seen Mikayla Hutchinson and Kansas Watts that much since last season, only a couple of times briefly during this season but after taking a good look during the camp, I saw their skills had improved as well as their knowledge of the game and what's even impressive is the fact that they are still in middle school


Just entering middle school is Jasmynne Brown and Nina Millner who were solid at the Boot Camp and showed a lot of promise. Yesterday I had a chance to see all of these young ladies perform at the Houstonians tournament and the younger ones in middle school impressed me even more in game situation.

More Boot Camp coverage coming on both Gene Watts and Cy Fair's