Monday, June 17, 2013

A Showcase to remember


My Austin Elite friends shocked me by presenting me with an award before their title game against DFW T-Jack at the Tyrone Johnson Showcase for helping promote Texas basketball throughout the years.

Texas always had talented players however many schools didn't bother recruiting the state because they received bad information on evaluations or got caught in the assumption players wouldn't leave the state and that truly caught me by surprise because there are more next level players in the state than available scholarships in the state, it's as simple as that and I've stated that numerous times.

Although my voice became heard throughout the years by being controversial and going against the grain, sometimes it's good to stir things up because it creates dialogue and in this case it worked. Now colleges from across the country know this is more than a football or men's basketball state and players are getting the recognition they rightfully deserve, which is a good thing.

This was a great weekend in more ways than one, several nail biters throughout the tournament with games that could have gone either way along with countless new stars emerging, including that 2017 class that is becoming a Tropical 5 and simply blowing me away.

I didn't get a chance to make it to the Texas Elite camp which was a bummer because I had to come out of semi-retirement and coach however my good friend, Prentice Beverly, along with several parents filled me in on the haps and let me also give a special thanks to Coach Aston for the kind words she said about my daughter

The Fullcourt.com Tip Sheet has been completed and should be up later today, I'll have another 8-10 coming at you on the GPR Tip Sheet either today or tomorrow along with a few mini stories as I prepare for my next stop which will have me in the Metroplex for at least five days

EVENTS