Wednesday, June 5, 2013

GTE-Black shows where it's at after #HSHT performance



I don't know what I enjoyed most, watching the GTE players perform on the court or interacting with the players and their parents off the court but I know one thing, this organization has several talented players. I've already touched on the 2017 squad and now I'll put the spotlight on the Black team since I probably watched them more than anyone else in the tournament including a game I had a chance to see them up close and personal

There are numerous next level players on this squad including Tip Sheeter Megan Worry, we'll come back to her tomorrow. Downtown Victoria Brown was on fire Saturday as she, Worry and Taylor Powell all took turns taking target practice throughout the event. BreAsia Allison and Maizhrae Zenoshowed they could be dominant on the inside as both are strong and can finish


Player for player, this team was probably the most talented in the 9/10 Division and I'm talking star power as  they had a little bit of everything. Wendy Albert, posing with her mom, and Destiny Jenkins are speedy guards that can bring the heat on both ends while also run a team. Destinee Medlock and Malayzia Winbush are athletic and created problems for whoever they defended while also showing the ability to slice and dice their way for scoring opportunities