Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Gene Watts Boot Camp gets even more serious on day 2


When I asked Nina Milner how she liked the Gene Watts Boot Camp, her thumbs up says it all and I'm in total agreement with her on that. Nina and Jasmine Brown attended both days of the camp which had to have over 100 kids during the two days which consists of morning and evening sessions and as bad as I wanted to stay for the whole camp, I had to get back as the all important month of July is right around the corner

Something else is right around the corner, not only for Milner and Brown but Lauryn Bowie and Darria Williams as well as they were among several young ladies that showed me something during the camp, but I'll come back to that later on this week and I'll even have a tip sheet.. I was already familiar with Bowie and Williams after seeing them back at the BigTyme Fall Finish with Arlington Swoosh, man time flies, and each time I've seen them since, they've done nothing but improve


I call Gene Watts a teacher from the old throwback style where you corrected mistakes ans explained what you were done wrong and how to solve it and here's an analogy. Say you're in a math class and the teacher tells you the problem is wrong and that's all they tell you, so either you figure it out or you fail. I'll break down more on the camp and players later along with closing out the College Prep Challenge and in case you missed it

Read more