Thursday, June 27, 2013

Flight 9 lands on time at College Prep Challenge

I tried to see all of the squads I had info on at least once so when Flight 9 made it to the 9/10 Grade Championship I was in somewhat of a dilemma. Needless to say, I saw an energetic yet shorthanded group of players battle their way to the championship game. Shelli Thigpen, Lauren Stallworth and Kendall Leaks provided much of the firepower in the finals on yet another team with talented young players

Thigpen is talented and athletic and with her length and upside, she has a shot at doing some big things while Stallworth is powerful and strong in the paint. Leaks, along with Lauren Gunn showed they could score from the outside and with a name like Gunn, I can see all the possibilities for headlines regarding her firepower. Hannah Moya showed a solid midrange game and Meredith Brenna gave solid minutes as well