Thursday, June 27, 2013

ET Freeze heats up College Prep Challenge




The East Texas Freeze happened to be a very entertaining team to watch over the past weekend simply because they were sort of like a gumbo,had a little bit of everything, all good and the flavor wasn't bad at all as they put on quite a performance

I spoke briefly with their coach Don Abbis who informed me they lost a couple of games by a total of five points or less combined and that proved costly as they would have been in the Grand Championship representing the Blue Division for 11/12 Grade

Heather Rainey has excellent basketball IQ as she rolled off of picks successfully over and over again, not to mention setting her teammates up for baskets and even hitting the midrange, she's 5'10 and plays taller. Paige Munph also plays taller than her listed 5'5 height but she goes hard and can nail the three. Dee Watson is in the "I play taller than I am " club as well as she uses her body to her advantage and was huge down the stretch, as well as Savannah Jackson who cleaned up on the boards


Alisha Taylor showed some speed on both ends and I'm talking on or with the ball as she attacked from every angle on the court. Emily Floyd was strong on the boards, she also showed she could hit the long ball as well. Ellie Leathens shot the ball well also in both games I caught, not to mention she could take players off the dribble if they got a little too close. Speaking of getting too close, Renecia Simpson sold me after pinning a shot on the glass and going coast to coast for a basket and the crowd yelling, go Ro Ro, I couldn't get this old rap song out of my head, in fact I still can't "You Can't Play With My Yo-Yo" and you don't wanna fool around with Ro Ro either as she makes the Tip Sheet

Read more