Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Athletic Elite makes run at College Prep Challenge

I caught a glimpse of Arielle Brown walking through the gym late on opening day and I knew I had to take a look her team, Athletic Elite. I caught them early on day two and loved the energy they brought on the court and when you bring that type of energy at 8am, you know they mean business

 Nia Randle did a good job on both ends of the floor while Sara Salamak showed she could hit the three but again the energy was there from multiple players so either it was Lydia Williams, Taylor Craddick or Ayanna Hayslett joining the others at applying pressure

I've been wrong at observing players and making assumptions, a team my daughter played at 12U AAU Nationals is a perfect example of seeing a group of kids walking through the airport with a lot of swagger and talking noise for absolutely no reason however that was 12 years ago and I've gotten a whole lot better at this observation stuff. I knew Brown was a player before I saw her touch a ball and by player I' talking a legitimate D1, no question about that. She's also virtually unknown, here's a freebie

Read more