Thursday, June 6, 2013

Let me call a 2022 from #HSHT






Over the years, I can' tel you how many calls or emails I've received about about a player that could do extraordinary things on the court. One parent went so far as to say how their daughter dominated boys and was a magician with the ball, etc, etc, etc however after seeing the kid, it wasn't quite that way. When asked for my assessment afterwards, I usually would try and find the right words so this popped in my head. I responded that I just came from the gym playing against high school guys and dropped 10 three but I doubt seriously if the Rockets would be calling because "It's not what you do, it's who you do it against" and a simonism was born

I received an email about this young lady named Dalanna Carter and was asked to please check her out if I had a chance. They also stated they knew I primarily watch the high school girls but this kid could play. Actually I watch everybody, especially if I have a roster to know who I'm looking at and I happened to see several young ladies walking around on championship Sunday during the Prime Time Qualifiers that were about to play in the 5/6 grade semis


It just so happens I caught Carter during one of the games and after watching her handle the ball under pressure, they way she anticipated, not to mention speed out of this world, I'm thinking this kid has a bright future for sure because when you can do certain things at that age, you're way ahead of the game and everything else will fall into place


It gets even better, although she was one of the standouts in the 5/6 semis I caught, she's only in the third grade which has me on the verge of picking up the phone and calling this one. Ladies and gentlemen, please remember this name, DALANNA CARTER!