Monday, August 11, 2014

More bright spots from session one #GirlsGotGame




Houston Skyrise had several players on hand and I was certainly glad to get an even better up close and personal look at several of their players. I've already touched on the younger ones from the San Antonio and Beaumont areas that attended the first session so lets move forward


I had a chance to see Alexis Babineaux and Jada Malone play at Prime Time Nationals and I did a little piece on them simply because I knew their names, Malone because I covered her older sister during her career and Babineuax because I had been hearing about this 5th grader with good size that was playing up but they had several talented young ladies on the squad including Winter George and Mailikiya Thomas who simply got after it

Read more



I enjoyed the effort put out by the Perkins sisters, Kaley and Briley as well as Amari Joulivette  and Khloe Luke. All in all, Tyler's camp started off with a bang and when you add in that pipeline from Cy Fair, you sort of knew that it would be

You never know what to expect but when players leave lasting impressions like the Howard sisters, Taylor and Cassidy, did when I first saw them in action, I knew they were going to be among those I had to watch. Kyndall Hunter simply blew me away, this young lady has energy I long for now, did it up at both sessions and showed me a different side of her game


The bottom is that all of the young ladies are working on their games and I'll leave you all with something that hopefully will help you. Never let anyone tell you what you can't do, this is attainable if you're willing to put in the work and also remember that don't get caught up in rankings, especially at this age, because it means absolutely nothing