Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Katy Rebels pipeline full at #PrimeTimeNationals #FieldhouseFriday

On Fieldhouse Friday, it seemed like every time I looked around the re was a Katy Rebels team playing on a court and this went on much of the event as double digit teams from the Rebels organization. I had the roster for Rebels Matte so that's primarily where I focused, I was already familiar with Rebels Poth from last season and Rebels Keller this season and both teams have players that will be household names as they get older throughout the area

Savannah May is definitely one of those players and her athleticism and ability to get to the rim is as good as anyone else  I've seen at her age in the area, I remember her name because I tweeted about her in an earlier event but as I said the other teams, along with 2021 Rebels Firle have some talent on the verge of making noise before it's a;ll said and done




If you don't know who '21 Rori Harmon is, either you're not reading or not paying attention to me writings and if you're knew to what I put out, that search bar is filled with info, I guess that's why it's called a search bar but Harmon is a "can't miss" and every player I've called that at a young age haven't and she won't either

Read more


Rebels Matte had a little bit of everything, Gabby Long simply has the tools to turn into a BEAST around the paint and watching Leanna Yee, Katie Dickerson and Sophia Carrosco nail the midrange over and over was simply refreshing to see the younger ones already possessing this in their arsenal. Yee also did a good job of getting to the rim for baskets, great to be able to mix it up while Dickerson certainly didn't mind bangin for boards

Aislan Lennon also did a good job of either altering or blocking shots, plus she too hit the boards hard and when you throw in she's only a 2020 playing up like Harmon on this 2019 squad, that says a lot. Kelly Dickerson finished well while Dorothy Mao definitely created some problems as she was making plays on both ends. Skye George has the right name because she can definitely fly either north and south or up, up and away. Great athleticism and she showed she was eager to create some problems and she did. I'll close with Gabby's other #AutoAwesome photo for the archives