Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It's not what you do, it's who you do it against


My daughter turned 25 today and after some social media discussion, I thought back on why I do what I do and hopefully this is taken the right way but if not, so be it. When she was in the 7th grade, she played 9th grade and the team played up so in the 8th grade, we good to Adidas Nationals and she averages around 20 ppg in the top division, yet she couldn't get an invite to the Adidas Top 10 Camp because she wasn't playing for an Adidas team so that's when I figured out how the political part of this stuff worked and how a handful made decisions

This was only the beginning and the more I saw, the more I understood about the system and how many players weren't noticed or given their props who were just as good as others. My daughter didn't fall into that category, she had over 100 offers before she decided Texas A&M was where she wanted to play but there have many so many that simply fell between the cracks

This is the main reason I started doing what I do, no one else was interested in Texas players like they are now, I got the ball rolling and if anyone tells you differently, they're lying or being misled so always remember why I started doing this, I don't care who you play for, if you can play, I will acknowledge it provided I actually see it and it's just that simple

Read more