Monday, August 11, 2014

Out of town players on target #GirlsGotGame


Two of GPR Under The Radar players were on hand for Tyler Relph's Girls Got Game Camp held here in Houston. Reagan Montgomery and Reagan Heun both continue to tune up their skills as they get ready to enter HS. I've seen an awful lot of Montgomery over the past season and she continues to improve in all areas. She's already shown she could score and see the floor but her basketball IQ is ahead of it's time not to mention her work ethic. This was my first really good look at Heun, I've seen glimpses of her with her SA Finest team but there is plenty of upside and watching her go through the skills and drills with ease, believe me they weren't easy, let's me know that you're going to be hearing quite a bit about her over the next few years



Montgomery's Centex Elite teammate Brooke Habeck made the #AutoAwesome reel, well real as well. Good body and capable scorer and rebounder on inside but that midrange game is going to open plenty of doors down the road. The thing I truly enjoyed about the whole group was they listened and when Tyler asked if anyone in the gym was cool raise their hands, once I realized he was talking to kids I knew something was coming and then he uttered, if you are go home because you're here to work

 Work is exactly what they did as Kayla Bogan (South Texas Hoyas) and Giana Steward (San Antonio Finest) like Montgomery mad the trip down from San Antonio. Both Bogan and Steward were also captured in #AutoAwesome photos, always remember to use the search bar for players names and they will be among those I'll be having a lot to say about over the next few years. Jessica Esclovon, Jolee Smith and Mollee Priddy play for GTE and traveled down from the Beaumont area. I only caught a glimpse of them at a Prime Time event a few weeks ago but I was impressed  at what I saw during the camp