Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Katy Rebels D''Addieco makes noise at #HSHT

The Katy Rebels organization continues to grow, not only in number of teams but teams with talented players. At the Insiders Hoopfest, I raved Katy Rebels Floyd and at the Cy Fair Invitional and Insiders Basketball Classic, I went on and on about Katy Rebels Goss but when you have a lot of talent, it's easy for me and trust me the organization has a lot of talent and the pipeline is heavy as well as two Rebels teams made it to the semifinals of the 5th/6th Division at the Prime Time Qualifier


I startled Sydney Makowski when the ball was headed towards me and I used my head to knock it back in bounds, yes I was a soccer player as well but she shocked me with her ability to handle the press and get team involved while getting to the rim almost effortlessly at times


Kayla Calloway and Delaney Ferguson were relentless on the floor, Calloway nailed some floaters while Ferguson banged on both ends and with this kind of effort from multiple players, it's no surprise they won the Red Division. Natalia Quintero  and Allison Romero came up huge on some plays in crunch time as well as Emily Lasse earlier in the event.  Also remember my Friday star was Anna Miller nailing the big ones under pressure so again, this sort of lets you know how they did it


If you don't have size, you better have effort but the Rebels have both and Lashanda Fitzgerals doesn't mind banging in the paint but what I like about her is she goes after just about everything on both ends. At 6'1, Myangiel Hicks shows a lot of promise with plenty of upside. She's showing signs of turning into a beast on the floor and she doesn't mind diving for loose ball s either


Kim Lauritano came up huge in the Grand Championship game against the Insiders so with that, she'll make the Tip Sheet so stay tuned