Monday, November 17, 2014

GPR UTR players battle in Patriot championship #LadyGanderTipOff

Brooke Jolivette, Gabby Stanton and Charlotte Hodges

The good thing about the start of the basketball season is I know I'll be able to catch some action however the bad news is that several will be ending their high school careers. Kingwood defeated Clear Lake in the Patriot Division championship game and although I only caught Gabby Stanton (Rice) and Charlotte Hodges (HBU) in their sophomore seasons, I knew they were players from day one

Torrie Thompson

Clear Lakes Torrie Thompson (Henderson State) caught my eye only last season, in fact it was right here at the 2013 Lady Gander Tip Off and I knew she had next level written all over her. Brooklyn Jolivette has been running around gyms forever, I think she was around 10 or 11 and when someone told me how old she was, well I just knew it was going to happen and as usual, I was right