Thursday, November 13, 2014

Are you Under The Radar?


I get emails from coaches, parents and even grandparents telling me about this kid or that kid needs to be in my Under The Radar list and they're more times than not right and what I try and explain is that they're lots of players in Houston alone that go unnoticed year after year that can play college basketball somewhere and don't let me get started on Texas but it's not just around here, talent is everywhere all across the country

In Houston there will always be at least 20 players in the area that will play somewhere regardless of high school or club affiliation and after that, things even out so when you look at player rankings, who's on there or who's not, it's all about marketing and being put out there by someone credible and if you believe a college coach is going to go to a website and look at thousands of videos of players, unless you're 6'2 or better, well good luck

Read more