Thursday, November 13, 2014

Signing day with Brynae Thompson

Brynae, Karrie and Bryanna Thompson


I remember the first time I saw this 8th grader come to our tryouts and I was simply amazed by her explosiveness and power and after Coach Daniel and I both had a chance to go watch her in action at one of her middle school games, we both concluded that Brynae Thompson's future would be bright. Thompson started off with a bang playing on multiple Houston Insiders teams and her three point exploits, double digit drops in halves numerous times, 12 or more in games multiple times and the ability to anticipate and finish strong with contact, plus being a southpaw has left me with many memories especially her willing to give back and work with the younger players on their skill set


Thompson started off with a bang at Jersey Village helping the team back to respectability and a playoff contender, something that was missing  not long after the Nina Norman,Tracy Ray, Isom sisters era and she's closing this thing out with one of the states most decorated programs, Cy Fair. Head coach Ann Robique was ever so eloquent in describing what she has observed from Thompson by playing against her along with the short time she's known her family with the Bobcats almost brought me to tears as she simply nailed it, this kid is truly special and will do whatever it take for the team


Brynae also thanked everyone for coming, told her teammates she loved and truly cared for them, especially after they welcomed her on board which also says something about them. Cy Fair was going to be in the mix for a state run however they had a couple of transfers themselves but one thing I  know from watching the Bobcats over the years is their motto says it all "Bobcat Fight NEVER Dies" and I'm sure they'll be more than ready when I see them at the Texas Invitational next week



One more thing, after everyone spoke, it was announced that the family could go and serve themselves before everyone and then Thompson asked could she say one more thing and it was " I want all of my guests to go first" along with how she appreciated the support from everyone so this shows you what type of character this young lady has. She will be playing at Northwestern State and I'll have a chance to continue watching her perform



READ MORE