Friday, November 7, 2014

Fab 4 Friday starts now and Cougars play in town Sunday




I've been super busy, truly hate I missed San Jac's event and game this week but I'll catch plenty down the road. The Houston Cougars host Huston-Tillotson at 4pm on Sunday and I will do my best to be there and catch the new look. One of the new looks took me back in time, their Director of Basketball Operations Alaina Lee who starred at Madison during their glory years

Lee (Murray State) was part of a talented group of freshmen and when I saw them with Fab 4 on their t-shirts, it was forever embedded in my mind and it leads up to what I'm throwing at you today. Alaina is a #sizedontmatter Hall of Famer and one of the best point guards to come out of here. She was a great ball handler and passer, a super defender, and could score but the play that I will never forget is the 5'3 Lee posting up a 6'3 player, drop stepping, and scoring, hey this was a 6'3 D-1 player

Patrice Reado (Texas A&M) was simply a BEAST and the six-footer could do something unheard of back then, dunk the basketball. Reado is one of the most athletic players I have ever seen and every year she added something to her game and graduated being able to stroke the midrange as she was dominant at three positions. Here's a play from her I'll always remember. The opposing guard makes a steal at halfcourt, Reado races from under her basket cuffs the guard's shots, and in one motion throws it the length of the court while outrunning everyone for the lay-up, TOP THAT !!!!

Alicia McDaniel (Louisiana Lafayette) was smooth as silk and one of the deadliest midrange scorers to pass through here. She was the silent assassin for the team and filled up the box score effortlessly. Tiffany Bogany (Alabama State) was simply the glue on defense, she controlled the paint on both ends and scored when needed but her outlets to whatever speedster on the squad for numerous layups helped keep the Marlins undefeated in district four seasons

READ MORE