Tuesday, November 18, 2014

#3 North Shore holds off #7 Manvel on road


North Shore came from behind to beat Manvel 61-57 last night and it appears to have been a great game. On opening day against Hightower, neither team shot the ball well and both had too many turnovers, especially in the first half but I chalked that up to the temperature dropping 20 degrees and early season jitters, in fact the change of weather made me stop taking pictures and notes, so I get it. Shore looked better in the Lady Gander Tip Off but they're still not where they will be

Their #SizeDontMatter duo of Adriiana Jackson and Chasity Patterson can both drop 20 plus with ease but they have several capable players that can score in the high double digits. Tiffany Aceneaux dropped at least 4 threes last night, Kayla Mack and Alyssa Okene will be close to double -doubles and Shay Jackson is one of many that can come in score in bunches

Defending state champ Manvel has MDAA lock Jordan Hosey and after seeing them earlier in preseason, I wrote that they looked better than I anticipated and when you look at their Big Three + 1, Hosey, Arianna Sanders, Ameiya Jackson and Lauren Taylor, they could combine for some where in the high fifties and above. Here's the good news, I'll catch the defending state champs and runner-up, Duncanville, North Shore, Cy Woods plus some where parents don't feel they've been given enough props so let's call this "put up or shut-up weekend" as I do my best to cover Texas Invitaional, FBISD and Aldine events

Read more