Wednesday, May 11, 2016

North Shore's Blankenship makes decision


As impressed as I was watching Victoria Blankenship play with Corpus Christi Havoc prior to her sophomore season in high school, I was even more impressed speaking with her after the game. Oh yeah, she was with the right squad because she definitely created HAVOC on the court so her transferring to North Shore for her senior season solidified my thinking they were the team to beat in 6A Region 3 and as usual, I was correct

Blankenship was a key force averaging a double-double for the Mustangs and the talented young lady has decided her next stop will be Tyler Junior College. I asked Vicky B what sold her on TJC and she said  “I decided to go to TJC because for the first time in my life after moving from North Carolina to Texas and going through a very drastic move my senior year from Corpus to Houston Coach Tillis made me feel like I could make a home in Tyler.  She sold me on an opportunity to be myself and prosper and that's all I've ever wanted” and trust me, this young lady has that old school mentality that NO ONE will stop her from achieving her goals and I’m definitely betting on her