Sunday, May 8, 2016

'17 Banfield adding icing to colorful cake


Anyone who knows me knows there is nothing I enjoy more than saying I told you so when it comes to spotting "can't miss" players at a young age and when you're batting a "hunnid" for over a decade, well that says it all. I think my first sighting of Marissa Banfield came when she was 9 or 10 playing against 12 and 13 year old players and just watching her mannerisms and ability to handle the heat running the one told me plenty

Fast forward to her junior season at Westbury Christian where she helped lead the Wildcats to the TAPPS 4A Championship game , they lost by two, but her efforts didn't go unnoticed. She led the state in made 3 pointers as well as being one of the leaders in assists as well as assist to turnover ration. With all of that being said, lights should be flashing among recruiters on this young lady being one of the top point guards in Texas

The game has and always will start at the one, no if ands or buts and Banfield is coming off a very entertaining start to the club season with her GTE squad. More coming as this talented young lady continues to send messages