Wednesday, February 11, 2015

District 23 in jumble for last spot, I think


Hadn't seen much of Elsik or any of Hastings so I made to the trip through the tormentous beltway traffic, that's a s story itself and I had a chance to watch some up and coming players in the JV game. I wanted to see Sydney Hayes, hadn't seen her but there was plenty of buzz about the young lady and I wanted to also catch 6'2 Ashley Moore, the junior you need to know about. This was a pretty good game, a variety of players stepped up on both squads, the explosiveness from Rams guard Daijah Henry is staggering along with her NBA range and she and Hayes, both unsigned, are definitely legitimate prospects at the next level

This was a 2 point game after three quarters but Hastings kept stretching the lead in the 4th quarter and won 49-38. Raeshawn Jones simply took over in the second half, she led all scorers with 15 and she showed she could play somewhere as well, remember Texas is a HUGE state and talent is everywhere but here's the deal and first let me apologize for not knowing that the Chronicle and Max Preps websites are not interactive so I THINK that Elsik, Austin and Clements are in a three way tie for the final spot