Wednesday, February 4, 2015

'16 Tapps makes triumphant return

I was hoping that I would catch Rachel Tapps in an #AutoAwesome photo, after all, this young lady has overcome so many obstacles that I'm simply amazed. Her absence from the Cy Ranch lineup has been huge as I figured them to be in the mix to make a run with Texas commit Deauzya Richards and explosive Arianna Whitfield, a couple of the top 2017 players in the state and freshman sensation D'Asia Collins coming in along with Tapps, well that was a pretty good foundation


Nevertheless Alyssa Guerrero, Bethany Vinson, Carrie Bradford and Taylor Coleman have filled in nicely and all put numbers on the board last night early and quickly. Tapps got things going even before the game as she sang the national anthem, in fact I got goosebumps as she simply blew the crowd away. I also got goosebumps when she got bumped hard the first time but Tapps plays the game one way and trust me, she is definitely back as the Mustangs get ready for the stretch