Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Westside vs Cy Fair round 2


Last season there weren't a lot of doubleheaders in the second round so using that logic, it probably won't be this round either but I hope I'm wrong. Westside was on a roll starting with knocking off Barbers Hill by almost 20 then having a decent Sandra Meadows Classic showing with wins over area Top 10 Atascocita and Hightower.

The Wolves barely got by Katy Taylor and as one of their bright young stars tweeted out to her teammates, this was a wake -up call and all though I love watching talented players, I love it even more when they can think and they get it so with all that being said, they're going to have their hands full with Cy Fair

Brynae Thompson erupted for the Bobcats scoring over 20 and as I've been saying for years, when you go to war, you need as many weapons as possible and this is a basketball dad that actually knows what's he's talking about. Thompson, Angela Harris, Taylor McCowan and Kyler Wyatt have all put up numbers at various times and if all are clicking, this could get ugly but the X FACTOR might be Olivia Noah


Sentreal Gregory has had a breakout season for the Wolves and with two D1 signees Janae Smith (Grambling) and Maddy Turner (A&M CC) that's going to be a problem yet when you think that problem is solved, Tanea Thomas and Kirby Celestine give you yet another one, btw, that's SELL-UH-STEEEEEEEN


The Cy Fair vs Westside just gave me a flashback to when Nnneka, Chiney and my daughter played so that seals it, if I have to walk barefoot in the snow, this is the game I gotta go

Friday 7pm @ Katy Taylor HS